Posted and effective as of: August 17, 2018
For purposes of this Agreement, “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at www.groupphoto.com. “App” refers to the Company’s mobile app, which can be accessed at https://groupphoto.com/apps. “Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site or App, in which users can:
- pool media individually or as a group,
- upload and backup photos, videos, and audio,
- view, rate, and download photos, videos, and audio.
We care about your privacy and want to be transparent about how Group Photo handles your data.
1. What personal data do we collect from you?
We require your name, email address, mobile phone number, ip address, and username to create your Group Photo account. For billing and sales tax purposes only, for standard accounts only, we require your billing address.
2. What personal data do we not collect from you?
We respect your privacy and we do not collect any “sensitive data” such as race, religion, political affiliation, and sexual orientation.
3. What we do with your data?
- We do not sell or license your data to third parties or anyone. Period.
- We use your data in the process of providing you, our customer, with a backup and sharing service.
- Your email address will be used for your login information and to send periodic notifications of pool and chat activity within your Group Photo account. These notifications can be changed at any time by going into settings on your mobile Group Photo app.
- Your mobile phone number will be used to authenticate your account and new login sessions using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). This is a 6-digit code we send to your phone for added security.
- Your username and name will only be displayed when you invite users to a pool, chat with other users, are a member of a pool, or contribute photos, videos or audio to a pool.
- Your personal data and media is stored on Group Photo’s secured servers and AWS (Amazon Web Services). To offer our users the best customer service, we use Zendesk - a cloud-based help desk solution used by more than 200,000 organizations worldwide.
- Your billing information is sent directly to Stripe for processing; Group Photo does not receive, process, or store Primary Account Numbers (PANs), CVCs, or CC expiry dates.
- We use google analytics to track anonymous website traffic for basic marketing purposes.
4. How we protect your data
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls, secure socket layer technology, and multi-factor authentication (MFA). However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
5. Children’s Privacy
Group Photo is not directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at [email protected]